Friday, October 12, 2007

Special Days


These three days Friday, saturday, and sunday are very happy days for me. In these days, I have celebration with all my family, friends, and acquaintance. We call this celebration Eid. We congratulate each other and pray special prayer together. The Eid marks the end of Ramadan, the month of fasting. I have very strong feelings in these days because we consider there days as days for forgiveness, moral victory, peace of congregation, fellowship, brotherhood and unity. In these days, we are not only celebrating the end of Ramadan but also we thank the God for the help and the strength he gave to us to be self-controlled during that month. I am writing this post specifically because many of my friends asked me about Ramadan. Every day during the month of Ramadan, We fast (do not eat ) until the sunset. The purpose of this fasting is not only fast from food but also refraining from lying, stealing, greed, envy, and gossip, so it is more spiritiual things. Also in the celebration, Most people wear new and formal clothes and we congratulate each other by saying " Happy Eid".

3 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

Eid Mubarak! I hope you're having a wonderful holiday!

Ahmed said...

happy feast!0 Enjoy this holiday get ready for the midterms nextweek

Anonymous said...

kol 3am o 2nty bkher , already told you that todayt, but i wanted to leave a coment and i liked your blog so i thouht i would say that again :) hope u had a great time ..